What are Top 20 Locations Worth Visiting in Mexico
If you're looking for a breathtaking vacation destination, look no further than Mexico. This beautiful country offers something for everyone, from stunning beaches to fascinating historical sites. Here are 20 of the best places to visit in Mexico:
1. Tulum - A walled Maya city located on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, Tulum is a must-see for history and architecture buffs.
2. Chichen Itza - One of the most famous archaeological sites in Mexico, Chichen Itza was once the capital of the ancient Maya civilization.
3. Cancun - A popular tourist destination for its gorgeous beaches and vibrant nightlife, Cancun is also home to some great archaeological sites like El Rey ruins.
4. Puerto Vallarta - A beautiful coastal city, Puerto Vallarta is a great place to relax and enjoy the Mexican sun.
5. Cabo San Lucas - A popular resort town at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula, Cabo San Lucas is known for its stunning beaches, luxury hotels, and world-class golf courses.
6. Mexico City - The capital of Mexico, Mexico City is a sprawling metropolis with something for everyone. From world-class museums to lively nightlife, there's plenty to keep you busy in this vibrant city.
7. Acapulco - A historic seaside resort town, Acapulco was once a favorite getaway for Hollywood celebrities like John Wayne and Elizabeth Taylor.
8. Guadalajara - The capital of the Mexican state of Jalisco, Guadalajara is a lively city with a rich cultural heritage. Be sure to check out the mariachi music scene when you're in town.
9. San Miguel de Allende - A UNESCO World Heritage Site, San Miguel de Allende is a beautiful colonial city located in the central highlands of Mexico.
10. Oaxaca City - The capital of the Mexican state of Oaxaca, Oaxaca City is a beautiful colonial city with a thriving traditional arts scene. Don't miss the opportunity to try some of the local cuisine while you're here.
11. Merida - The capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan, Merida is a vibrant city with a rich colonial history. Be sure to visit the nearby Maya archaeological sites of Chichen Itza and Uxmal when you're in town.
12. Cozumel - A small island off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, Cozumel is a popular scuba diving destination due to its clear waters and abundant marine life.
13. Palenque - An ancient Maya city located in the Chiapas highlands, Palenque is home to some of the best-preserved Maya ruins in Mexico.
14. Izamal - A beautiful colonial city located in the Yucatan Peninsula, Izamal is known as the "Yellow City" due to the color of its buildings.
15. Taxco - A colonial city located in the Mexican state of Guerrero, Taxco is known for its silver mines and beautiful Spanish colonial architecture.
16. Chiapas - The capital of the Mexican state of Chiapas, Tuxtla Gutierrez is a busy city located in the southernmost part of Mexico.
17. Veracruz - A major port city on the Gulf of Mexico, Veracruz is a vibrant city with a rich history. Be sure to try the local seafood while you're here.
18. Puebla - The capital of the Mexican state of Puebla, Puebla is a beautiful colonial city with a rich history. Don't miss the opportunity to try the local cuisine, which is considered to be some of the best in Mexico.
19. Hidalgo - The capital of the Mexican state of Hidalgo, Pachuca is a busy city located in the central part of Mexico.
20. Guanajuato - A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Guanajuato is a beautiful colonial city located in the central highlands of Mexico. Don't miss the opportunity to ride the famous El Pipila funicular when you're in town.